Saturday, November 05, 2005

 
I am writing under a false flag. I have listed "communications/media" as my occupation, but it is an avocation -- not what keeps the bulldog fed. It is what I would prefer to do -- sit, think deep thoughts, put them on paper, and be paid well for it. One of these days . . ..

Thus the "communicator" part of the title. "Capitol" because we live in the armpit of the nation's capital (yes, I'm cognizant of the distinction between the two words) and I suspect that what I choose to write about will often relate to what passes for political debate in this country.

At the outset, at least, this will be a barebones blog. Though not a computer novice, my synapses were not put together with the computer in mind. Hence, I can figure out how to do things by (1) doing; (2) being shown -- but not by applying experience acquired from one program to intuiting another or, even, reading the manual or the "Help" index.

So, as I figure things out -- very slowly -- or someone shows me how -- the features of this blog will expand. For now, there is no picture -- I simply don't have one in digital form -- , or a link to a website, or just about anything else that one is supposed to be able to do on this website. If you're looking for things to divert your attention from the text, this is not the place for you, at least for the time being.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?